Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

It's Official! We're on the Market!

So for those of you who follow me on social media (Facebook), I know I teased about sharing the staging process I went through to prepare my own home for sale. Well, today is officially the day our house of 12+ years goes on the market!

First, let me start off by saying that staging your own home (as a professional or not) is an emotional process. I have always understood this when working with clients, and this time I experienced it first-hand.

The entire practice of staging is based on the premise that if you de-personalize your home it will look like a universally appealing product. This is true. But unfortunately, the act of taking everything personal out of your home, is kind of sad in a way. Don't get me wrong, I want to move. We have wanted to move for some time but it was still bittersweet taking my first home apart. Packing up the wedding picture, covering up the shrine to my beautiful babies, and hiding the weapons (just kidding). But don't worry, I'll spare you the details on the crying stints and bottles of wine that got me through the process....lol. It just entailed lots of packing, de-cluttering and throwing things away!!

 

Secondly, let me also state that sharing my home for all to see leaves me in a very vulnerable position. As an Interior Designer, the second comment I always hear is "Your house must look amazing!" (by the way, the first is "I wish you could come to my house"...and by the way...I can...its my job!).

Not to say that I'm not "House Proud" as Nate Berkus used to call it- I am. It's just that when you have a son who loves Legos, a daughter who loves crafting and hoarding, a dog and a husband with very large shoes, my dream home will always be a bit of a dream. Plus, we have contemplated moving for years so we never took on the larger renovations as we would have if this was our "forever home". So we did our best to make our dream "real" home. The home that hosts many kids, lots of toys, two business an active family and lots of love. That's what I'm going to share with you.

Without further ado, I'll share the photos...the process will be a different post later in the week!
@Nichole Lucas this is you.
Someecards
Introducing Our Home:
Front


Exterior


Living Room

 Open Floor Plan

Dining Room

First Floor View
Kitchen

Master Bedroom

Master Bedroom

 Den View #1
Den View #2
Den View #3
 
Office
 Deck
Backyard
I'll share the kids' rooms in the next post where I detail the process! 

I just want to take a moment to thank the people who made this all possible. My husband for not getting in my "creative" way and totally supporting my insanity through the process. 
I'd like to thank my Real Estate Agent and amazing brother-in-law Matthew Palumbo for also supporting my insanity and helping us through this very long process of both finding a new home and selling the old. He's not only amazing at what he does but he's an amazing BIL, too!
I'd also like to thank my wonderfully talented photographer, Kristen DeCola for bring my home to life! Looking forward to having her photograph many other projects!
Ok, they're playing the music...gotta get off the stage...but there are so many other people I'd like to thank!! You know who you are:)
For more information on this home, please contact:
 Matthew Palumbo, 
Associate Broker
Weichert Realtors
 Phone: 845-896-7042.


1 comment:

  1. Your house looks great! I can't imagine staging my own house for sale. We all 'live' in our homes. Unfortunately, folks always expect our homes to be perfectly gorgeous. I want friends and family to feel comfortable. Good luck on a quick sale!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!